1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Authentication to Minecraft.net Failed

Discussion in 'Support' started by mazentheamazin, Oct 1, 2013.

1. mazentheamazin

mazentheamazin New Member

Hi,
    I am currently having a problem with My server linked with Lilypad. When players try to connect it gives them the error above. These may be things you may need:
    My Config:
    http://pastebin.com/EKyvbV4c
    The error on Console:
    http://pastebin.com/DcdE71RR
    I am also running the latest version of lilyPad. If you want to try and connect to the server use this IP: play.syncmc.com (Not Advertising). Anyways thanks for the future and I hope to get some answers.

Thanks,
    Mazen
  2. mazentheamazin

mazentheamazin New Member

I am also running craftbukkit 1.6.4. Just if needed.
  3. About7Deaths

About7Deaths Member

The error you are getting is probably because of the official minecraft authentication servers being down. A quick fix for this would be to change authenticate to false in your proxy config.
  4. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

I second what @About7Deaths is saying, except don't turn authentication to false. It's just another security vulnerability.
  5. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It depends on the current status of Minecraft.net
  6. About7Deaths

About7Deaths Member

I was just saying to turn it off as a temporary non public method. But if you are currently public I would not recommend this solution. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. duper51

duper51 New Member

My server is also experiencing this issue, but other servers are not. Is there something hardcoded into Lilypad defining the IP of the auth servers? IDK if this helps, the caused by is java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException
  8. About7Deaths

About7Deaths Member

It doesn't matter if it is hard coded or not. The minecraft authentication servers keep offline (fake) players from joining your server. So when it is down, no one is able to join from lack authentication.