1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Resolved Connection to some servers are horribile, LilyPad-Portal spamming console with errors

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AdamJonesay, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamJonesay

AdamJonesay New Member

Hello,

I'm having a few issues with LilyPad's portal plugin and the connection between AllInOne and my Survival server.

Information about the setup I'm running,

Java version
    Code (text):

root@miyuki [~]# java -version
    java version "1.7.0_21"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)

Craftbukkit version
    Code (text):

17:04:27 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-735 (MC: 1.5.1) (Implementing API version 1.5.1-R0.3-SNAPSHOT)

All servers are running on the same server, with a TPS of 20.

Issue 1)
    Whenever anyone joins the server, chunks don't load and the chat lags behind for ~25-45 seconds.

Issue 2)
    While people are on the survival server, the console constantly spams errors about not being able to pass the event to LilyPad-Portal

Error:
    [spoiler]
    04:10:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerMoveEvent to LilyPad-Portal v2
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:427)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.TimedRegisteredListener.callEvent(TimedRegisteredListener.java:26)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:479)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:464)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.Packet10Flying.handle(SourceFile:136)
    at org.spigotmc.netty.NettyNetworkManager.b(NettyNetworkManager.java:233)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.PlayerConnection.d(PlayerConnection.java:110)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:35)
    at org.spigotmc.MultiplexingServerConnection.b(MultiplexingServerConnection.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:582)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:223)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:403)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:573)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at lilypad.bukkit.portal.gate.GateListener.onPlayerMove(GateListener.java:45)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor31.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:425)
    ... 15 more
    [/spoiler]

Plugins
    Code (text):

04:10:10 [INFO] Plugins (18): Citizens, CustomMessages, WorldEdit, NoCheatPlus, MCSG-Miniplugins2, ChatLimiter, LilyPad-Connect, PermissionsEx, LilyPad-Portal, Multiverse-Core, ProtocolLib, SuperSpleef, WorldGuard, TabAPI, Essentials, LilyPad-PortalCommand, ChatManager, EssentialsSpawn
  2. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

I have just commit a build for LilyPad-Portal which should fix your second error that is caused by a logical inconsistency in Bukkit.

As for your first error regarding your connection issues, can you try disabling Netty in Spigot (using the command line option -Dorg.spigotmc.netty.disabled=true) and other plugins which may modify the protocol. You can start by disabling them all at once, then turning them on one by one. It is recommended however that you keep Netty off in Spigot, as it causes major performance issues that are yet to be addressed.

On top of this, you may also want to make sure that you are not exceeding the maximum pipe allowed on your dedicated servers, as your host may be limiting you.
  3. AdamJonesay

AdamJonesay New Member

I solved the issue, thank you for giving me the tip about exceeding the maximum pipe allowed. I quoted you in the live chat and they instantly solved my issue. After rebooting my dedicated server everything was fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.