1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Solved Portforwarding

Discussion in 'Support' started by Matt, May 18, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Hi,

What do i have to portforward?

Cause now i have a communication error
  2. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

I'm going to assume that this issue was resolved?
  3. Matt

not with port-forwarding my proxy, i was on localhost
  4. Coelho

Google searches should help you with port forwarding. The ports you need to forward are 25565, 25566, and 5091 TCP.
  5. Matt

25565 not both?
  6. Coelho

Yes both for 25565, but it is not mandatory.
  7. Matt

So

25565 Both
    25566 TCP
    5091 TCP ?
  8. Coelho

Yes that is correct.
  9. Matt

Okay thx
  10. Matt

hmm :/

Still won't work. When i go to my IP with :25566 behind it, it finds my Hub server, not the proxy

When i do :5091 behind the IP, it says Communication error
    When i do no port behind it, it says, Cant reach server
  11. Coelho

You connect to 25565.
  12. Matt

It says Cant reach server. I port-forwarded all the correct ports
  13. Matt

So what do i do?
  14. J2DOLAR

J2DOLAR New Member

15. Matt

I k know how to portforward, it jsut wont work.
  16. Matt

17. AdamJonesay

AdamJonesay New Member

Matt, make sure your Hub server is running on a different port, and not LilyPad's port.
  18. Matt

Still.
    btw, It says this in the log when i try to connect:
    Code (text):
    io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:437)
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.inboundBufferUpdated(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:69)
        at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundByteHandlerAdapter.inboundBufferUpdated(ChannelInboundByteHandlerAdapter.java:46)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1031)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireInboundBufferUpdated0(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:998)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:978)
        at io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutHandler.inboundBufferUpdated(ReadTimeoutHandler.java:149)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1057)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireInboundBufferUpdated0(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:998)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:978)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:828)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:118)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:429)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:392)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:322)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:114)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at lilypad.packet.common.PacketDecoder.decode(PacketDecoder.java:17)
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:398)
        ... 16 more
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:437)
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.inboundBufferUpdated(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:69)
        at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundByteHandlerAdapter.inboundBufferUpdated(ChannelInboundByteHandlerAdapter.java:46)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1031)
        at io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutHandler.inboundBufferUpdated(ReadTimeoutHandler.java:149)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1057)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireInboundBufferUpdated(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:828)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:118)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:429)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:392)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:322)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:114)
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:398)
        ... 16 more
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ReplayingDecoder.channelInactive(ReplayingDecoder.java:366)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelInactive(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:882)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelInactive(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:867)
        at io.netty.channel.ChannelStateHandlerAdapter.channelInactive(ChannelStateHandlerAdapter.java:69)
        at io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutHandler.channelInactive(ReadTimeoutHandler.java:143)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelInactive(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:882)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelInactive(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:867)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelInactive(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:810)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe$6.run(AbstractChannel.java:753)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:364)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:326)
        ... 13 more

19. Matt

Port-forwaring solved.

Topic can be closed!